Wednesday, May 17, 2006

story time at JAQQ

its story time!

i'm the kind of person who LOVES telling stories. No, i dont mean fictional kinds: i'm not gonna type up some cutesy story of a pennyless girl who ended up marrying a prince.

i'm talking about real stories that happen to me. When in college, i worked in the library [no, i'm not a nerd]. And each time i went in, i'd share my latest stories. Well, the one guy said: "your stories are always lame." i took offense to that.

one day i came in with a GREAT story though. That morning i had been to the local gas station to buy some coffee. Yum! I love french vanilla coffee with french vanilla creamer. so good... Well, as i went to get my coffee, i noticed that it was all empty. SAD DAY! the little old lady behind the counter said: "oh here-- i just made a new pot of it." So, she thought she'd be nice and pour it for me.

Unfortunately, her aged hands werent quite so steady-- She poured scalding hot coffee all over my hand!!!

the first thought that crossed my mind was: "She's somebody's grandmother." So, i didnt scream, i didnt cuss, i didnt throw a fit. I just breathed in, breathed out, and said "its okay. no problem."

Then i proceeded to drive to college, though one-handed since my burned hand was in so much pain. I walked into the library and shared my story-- which this guy claimed was equally lame.

Question for my readers:
1) Is my story really that lame?
2) Share your own story with us!

4 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, May 18, 2006, Blogger Crazy Me said...

I hope to have a great story over the weekend about licking John Corbett's face! Now, that would be a GREAT story!

 
At 12:34 PM, May 18, 2006, Blogger Becky L said...

guys are NOT allowed to say "like" that often! only girls can get away with it... though only up to a certain extent.

 
At 12:03 AM, May 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT might be slightly less lame if you added in that the lady was HIS grandmother or that you were stopped by a police person becasue you were driving one handed and the old lady was the police persons grandmother. Sometimes comedy takes precedence over truth when a story is involved...

 
At 2:01 AM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Beth Danae said...

it's not like extrememly interesting, but if I were friends with a person these are the kind of details that are still worth knowing.. i think guys are always a hard audience. a g-friend would likely not have said it was lame...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home