Thursday, April 13, 2006

King of the Burgers

I decided to get Burger King for lunch. I LOVE their chicken sandwiches. Yum!

You know how different fast food places decorate their cups, bags, etc. in various themes? Like right now, McDonald's is "I'm Lovin' It." (Which, quite frankly, is getting a little old AND more than a little annoying!).

Anyway, back to BK. They have different funny saying on their bags, wrappers, etc, that have to do with the given product. Well, there was one that made me laugh... and reminisce. It was on the take-out bag, and said as follows:

"OFFICIAL BAGGLER PROCEDURE"
Frech fries that have attempted to escape from their containers only to strand themselves in the bottom of the bag are called "bagglers." Bagglers are fair game. The first to open the bag and retrieve the baggler gets to eat the baggler. Therefore, it is in one's best interest to be the keeper of the bag.

Well, what made me appreciate this so much is the fact that growing up, my siblings and I used to fight over these "bagglers." Even to this day, those stranded fries seem to taste better that the others. I feel special, like I was given a bonus treat. And I get mad (seriously!) when there are no fries at the bottom of the bag.

I'm a loser.

So question: Growing up, what kind of fights did you get in to with siblings over food? Which slice of pizza is bigger? Which carton of fries is the fullest? Which salad has more croutons?

4 Comments:

At 1:21 AM, April 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of the above and more!

 
At 2:42 AM, April 16, 2006, Blogger Crazy Me said...

My brother that is closest to me in age used to lick the potato chips so I wouldn't eat them. I still tell this story and he turns beet red! Payback is a b*tch!! Never come between a girl and her junk food!!

 
At 3:49 PM, April 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We used to fight over who could fit the biggest potato chip into your mouth without breaking it... it caused for many hours of random hilarity!

 
At 5:59 AM, April 19, 2006, Blogger Beth Danae said...

Interesting question which I feel completely qualified to comment on seeing as how I have 3 sisters...

I don't remember fighting per say, we more handled the situation by eating really fast. It was understood that the first hand to grab the food got it. So to this day I am an expert at eating a hamburger within 5 minutes.

Ice cream and potato chips were big in the household and it was common for someone to stay up late at night and we'd wake up to the carton or bag being empty. I solved that by spending my babysitting money on my own foods which I could then store in my room...

Oh, the joys of fast food. I miss it greatly especially Taco Bell, Taco Time, Teriyaki... Only have McD's and some Canadian Triple O's place... oh and Hardees which I don't think I care for...

Enough about food. I am hungry now, almost dinner time here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home