Monday, March 06, 2006

some stupid stuff

What is the stupidest thing you've ever done?

often time people ask about the most embarrassing... but this time, lets ask about the studidest. Of course, when you do something stupid it IS embarrassing, though in a different way...

example: my most embarrassing momment is probably when i was out bowling with some friends, stepped over the "line," and ended up slipping on the waxy lane and fell down. Yeah, all the old men who were bowling pros just laughed at me. Totally embarrassing...

The studidest thing i did, no one actually knew about (unless i told them) so it wasnt really embarrassing at the time. but oh it was so stupid...
a friend was over and we ordered Pizza. My hubby had left cash out on the counter for me... there were two tens. when the guy came with the pizzas, i felt like being generous. I handed him both bills and and said: "you can keep the change." He looked at the money, looked at me, made a strange face, then gave me the pizza and left. Then, my friend and i proceeded to have a lovely time together.

So, hubby comes home after work and says: where's the rest of the money? I said: "i told him he could keep the change." he said: "Becky, there were two twenties."

i dropped to the ground and beat my head against the wall. HOW COULD I BE SO STUPID! i thought that they were two ten dollar bills; but they were two twenty dollar bills. I GAVE THE GUY FORTY BUCKS!

so so so so stupid
so, whats the studidest thing you ever did? please share so that i dont feel quite so studid.

5 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, March 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi been lurking for a while. Did the same thing in an elevator. But this was for a class for work and there was a bunch of people in it. Push the 1st floor button and the evevator wouldn't move. Then someone said this is the 1st floor. So felt like a tar tar and tried to get out of the elevator quickly.

Dennis

 
At 2:21 PM, March 07, 2006, Blogger Read This said...

I have such a long list. Just today? Haha. I once looked at a car and he was asking 800 or best offer for this old beat up caddy. I told the guy I would give him 900 if he would wait a few. By the time I got back he had sold it for 800 as he thought I was crazy bidding more than he asked for. I guess I thought best offer was more than...instead of less than....no wonder I'm always broke...lol

 
At 3:30 PM, March 07, 2006, Blogger B* said...

I was at the video store in a very long line. My husband was bored and told me he's going to the car.
I said ok just pull the car up to the front door so I save myself a walk.
I finished checking out the movies and walked outside. I saw the car and opened the door to sit down.

The only problem was it wasn't my car!!

There was an extremely frightened couple inside who even after I apologized profusely and closed the door right then...... drove off in frenzy/record breaking time!!

I dare you all to beat that!!!!!

 
At 7:14 PM, March 07, 2006, Blogger 'liya said...

LOL I've actually done the same thing before.. getting into someone else's car unknowingly - while my dad laughed at me from our car as he waited for me since he saw the whole thing.

:S

 
At 9:13 AM, March 08, 2006, Blogger Becky L said...

i dont think i have an elevator story...

nor a car story...

ah well. thats ok, i dont need even more things to add to my stupid list. The one i wrote about is quite good enough

 

Post a Comment

<< Home