Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Heart Of My Heart

(This post is in honor of sdit, how requested a V-day question. Don't worry, we'll be back to bathrooms soon!)

So, on my way driving to work this morning, guess who I saw?! CLARENCE! I love that guy... errr, that car. Best car in the world.

But I digress....

Share your best and/or worst V-day story.

I have never had a good V-day. Only twice have I been in a relationship w/ a guy on this particularly special day. Both times, the guys did absolutley NOTHING for me! Jerks!

The one guy is THE definition of "scrub." We were together for over a year, and in that time, I paid for EVERY SINGLE DATE we ever went on. Grrr... So on V-day, he didn't do jack-squat. Not even a card. I was so pissed. Yet I stayed with him for another 8 months. What was I smoking?

The second guy was a great guy (or so I thought). We were dating long distance- me in Pennsylvania, him in Alabama. For the month before V-day, I would buy him all these cute things. Each time I bought something, I'd tell him, "I got you the cutest thing! I can't wait til you get it!" Then when I mailed it a week before V-day, I told him it was on its way. V-day came, and NOTHING! He called that night to chat, and he couldn't figure out why I was mad. When I asked him why he didn't get me anything, he said he forgot about it. MY BUTT he forgot! Boy was lazy! Well, the next week he sent me 5 dozen roses. First- I hate getting flowers as gifts. They are too expensive and die in a week (or less). Second- the damage was already done. We broke up a few weeks later.

So, tell me your good, bad, happy, and sad stories.


7 Comments:

At 1:12 AM, February 15, 2006, Blogger Raj said...

Your stories are really sad :P

I dont have any stories to share :)

 
At 6:09 AM, February 15, 2006, Blogger Abigail S. said...

It was sad at the time... I'm over it now... Though I'm still hoping that one day, I'll get a good guy and have a superb V-day.

 
At 11:56 AM, February 15, 2006, Blogger Tom said...

Wow, 2 girls that hate flowers! I didn't know of such a thing. I wish someone would have told me when I was 16. I have bought a lot of flowers in my day. Last nights valentines was pretty cool. When I got home I had to hide in the basement for my family to finish their surprise. They had a mock resturant set up. It is was very cute. I just hope we didn't wake up the kids with the noise we made later that night.

 
At 3:59 PM, February 15, 2006, Blogger Becky L said...

i HATE getting food as a gift. it seems like saying: "here, i want you to get fat." though, hubby got an icecream cake this year, and i didnt really mind cuz i knew he really wanted it.

Last valentine's day, andrew was really planning something special (i think). But... just the week before i had gone into preterm labor. the dr was able to stop it via some really strong medicines, but they put me on COMPLETE bedrest. so, we couldnt go anywhere. but, one thing he bought me was a movie, so we stayed home and watched it.

 
At 12:43 PM, February 16, 2006, Blogger Dairn said...

My best V-Day was when I was dating (my to-be wife). It was blizzard conditions and I drove 45 min through the whiteout to see her at her parents' house. I counted 23 cars in the ditch and 16 tow trucks working hard that night. I seemed to be the only one crazy enough to be still on the road!

I drove up wearing very tacky green plaid pants, a Hawaiian shirt, and ugly hat. I held a large foil heart-shaped balloon, flowers and chocolate. Her parents thought I was nuts (and she thought I was cute)!

Driving home that night, there was nobody on the road and I was sliding everywhere, but it was worth it!

 
At 1:39 PM, February 16, 2006, Blogger B* said...

Awww...a post dedicated to my request and I'm late responding!


The best one thus far...This valentine's day with my husband. A snapshot of a portion of it can be found on my "schizo" blog. I just put it up. And yes! I prefer "live" flowers too.

The worst...I had gone out with *another* guy...Come valentine's day, I gave him something very nice...and he got me nothing. He felt bad..ended up hawking my gift to him...and bought me A GIFT with the money from it!!!!

P.S. I'm sorry to hear your experiences were so bad! I'm sure the right guy will come along soon for a cutie like u.

 
At 7:41 AM, February 17, 2006, Blogger EssentialStephen said...

I've never usually had anyone special on V-Day (until Andy for the past 2 years) but one year, several years back now, I was dating this guy and I bought a couple of nice little gifts and tried to do something, even though he thought the holiday was a "crock". Well I did it only to get dumped a week later. Thank God that is OLD history and I can laugh about it now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home