Friday, February 10, 2006

Over, Under, or Any Way You Like It

Ah, now we come to a touchy subject. Over or Under? Still confused? Let me elaborate.

At your place of residence, do you have the free end of your toilet paper roll hanging over the front of under the back? Some people, dare I say MOST people, are very anal about this! (hehe! Get it? Anal!) I am by far an OVER kind of girl. I am a bit OCD, and there was a time when, if I was at another persons house and they had the TP under, I would switch it to be over. I don't do that anymore.

So, how about you? Over or Under? And share why you have this opinion. I know why I have it over. It is SOOO much easier. Under just seems too difficult to me. I am baffled at why anyone would want it under. I came across this, which helped to explain the Under mindset:

When I am queen. When I am queen, I shall decree that all rolls of toilet paper be correctly inserted into the toilet paper dispensers. Correctly? You have all been improperly instructed to place your toilet paper with the "tongue" facing outward. This is incorrect. Why? It's ugly. Please view the illustration [on the right]. Isn't the arrangement on the right far more aesthetically pleasing than that on the left? But what about ease of use you ask? I don't give a rat's a** about ease of use. I want the world to be a more beautiful place, and I'm going to start with your toilet paper. Thank you.
Words in [ ] and ** are mine, and not from the original quote.

Ok, so I'll give this chick credit for the whole "aesthetic" thing. The under does look nicer. But I care more about ease.

7 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, February 11, 2006, Blogger Agnes said...

I take issue with calling any part of a toilet paper roll a "tongue" for starters. LOL
Secondly...that tongue is wafting against a cabinet or wall. Ewwww...who's got the Lysol???

Nope. Under is just not right.
Great topic. :D

 
At 12:52 AM, February 12, 2006, Blogger Abigail S. said...

Very, very true Agnes!

 
At 6:17 AM, February 12, 2006, Blogger Beth Danae said...

Over is best. I agree it looks better the other way, but this is TP we are talking about, if it needed to look pleasant we'd have it in colors and diff textures.

BTW, went walking today and had to use a public toilet.. I had a very fun experience trying to squat over the seat while keeping my squirly pug dog at bay and away from my downed trousers and bare body...that was a first. Try that, wait don't.

 
At 12:25 AM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Danielle said...

Okay, finally...I say F-I-N-A-L-L-Y someone takes an aggressive look at an important issue. I'm an "over" person. Over!! (and I have been known to switch the role in other people's homes...good grief!)

 
At 1:34 AM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Akanksha said...

i dnt care any which way .. but i like the over a lil more coz it doesnt touch the wall

 
At 4:52 AM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Abigail S. said...

Yay! Everyone agrees it's supposed to be over! (... well, Michaela is half and half. I guess that's ok.)
How exciting is this?!

 
At 11:39 AM, February 13, 2006, Blogger B* said...

Under! Though I dont know the psychology I have behind it. I just do it that way.

You guys sure have a lot of poop on your mind these days ;D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home