Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A Flame Rekindled

I went to Walmart tonight with my sister-in-law. We had to get some last minute items for T-day. As I was pulling into a parking space, I saw a sight which made me scream out in joy:
"CLARENCE!"

He was my first true love. Yes, Clarence and I had many special years together. Good times and bad, he was always there for me. Then I went off to college.

And then I got that dreaded phone call from my parents- Clarence was gone, and gone for good. My heart was broken! ... But all is fair in love and war, for I had already bought myself a new one- Percy.

Yup- Percy was far superior in so many ways. I mean really- I'd much rather have a 2001 Ford Taurus than a 1995 Plymouth Acclaim. But I still from time to time miss my little Acclaim. My parents had taken Clarence and donated him to some group that gave cars to people in need.

I was elated to see him tonight. And he hasn't changed one bit! In highschool, Becky and I shared Clarence. We went through a phase where we bought all these random bumper stickers and put them all over Clarence. And there were a lot of window clings too. When I saw him tonight- they were still all there! The new owner even kept all the window clings! Even the one that was for my college! Crazy!

So here's the question: What was your first car? Did it have a name? What ever happened to it?

FYI
Since tomorrow is T-day, and I have 25 people coming to my house and staying until Sunday, I probably will not be posting for a while. Feel free to answer this question and previous questions as well. Just cuz they're old doesn't mean they're any less cool!
Have a great T-day!

6 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, November 24, 2005, Blogger FU said...

My first car was my 1996 Ford Taurus Station Wagon in that dark forest green color. I purchased it used last october from my cousin.

Her name was Lafawnduh.

She was vandalized over the summer when someone poured something in the gas tank that fucked up the engine. She is dying slowly before my eyes. It is heart breaking. I hope my new Explorer eases the pain.

 
At 12:40 AM, November 24, 2005, Blogger Dairn said...

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving Abigail & Becky (and all of you others celebrating this weekend)!

My first car was a '68 Valiant that I purchased from my brother for a dollar (in 1987). Even though it was old, it was great because it had bench seats (I regulary put 8+ friends in that car), and it always started!

No name for the car, but some people called me "Prince Valiant" for driving everyone around in my Valiant...

 
At 9:02 AM, November 24, 2005, Blogger Agnes said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

First car, 1969 Nova. I paid $700 for it. I wrecked it three times.

Never named my cars.

 
At 8:06 PM, November 24, 2005, Blogger Keshi said...

Happy Thanksgiving to u girl!

**Becky and I shared Clarence.

lol Im glad u didnt put this line b4 telling us that it's a car u were talking abt...all the while I was thinking Clarence was a guy :)


My first car is a Toyota Echo - 4dr sedan...metallic silver babez ;-) yeah I call it Silver_Babez lol!
It's only been 2yrs since I got it and I hope to upgrade it to a Suzuki jeep in a few years time...

Have a ball tomorrow!


Keshi.

 
At 12:01 PM, November 25, 2005, Blogger Abigail S. said...

Keshi- I wish I would have thought of that! And when I was typing up this post, I was trying to pretend Clarence was a guy. I wanted to through everyone off.

 
At 10:13 PM, November 25, 2005, Blogger 'liya said...

I named the car my parents gave me (well my dad shared with me), Vicky Vroom Vroom (after my bf). Then I crashed it and it cost tons to get it fixed so my parents took him back.

Now I have nothing :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home