Saturday, November 12, 2005

Night Stalker

I used to work at a summer camp... Did for 6 summer.

Many times, I had to walk across camp in the dark. I can watch scary movies and not be scared at all. But in real life situations.... I scare very easily.

The one night, I was walking along, all by myself. I'd forgotten a flahslight, so I walked by the light of the moon. I was crossing through a covered bridge. When I was just about to the end of it, someone jumps down from the rafters! I about crapped myself, I was so scared. It was one of the other staffers out playing practical jokes. From that day on, I was terrified of that bridge!

Well, one night I was walking across camp at night. I was passing by some trees. I got this eerie feeling that something was in there, lurking, waiting to attack. Like I said, I scare easily... But this time, I really did have a strong, bad feeling. I wasn't sure what to do.

What would you have done?
  1. Kept right on walking... You're not taking any chances.
  2. Stop and peer in... See what you can see.
  3. Call on in... "Is anyone in there?"
  4. Get a friend, and go back to investigate.
After a few answers from yall, I'll let you know the rest of my story.



UPDATE
Since I've had several answers, I'll tell you my story. There WAS a guy hiding in the trees. He was on staff that summer... I guess his way of flirting is stalking. (Note to guys- that DOESN'T work!) Well, I was going to walk on by w/out stopping. When I passed him, he came out of the trees and started to follow me. I saw a friend on the other side of the field, so I ran over to her.
I told my boss about it. He gave a stern talking to Stalker, and that was that. I personally think the guy should have been fired. Don't you think?
After that, the stalking ended... but he did start writing me these creepy little love letters. Gross!
I got my revenge... I started dating his best friend! I'm awesome!

5 Comments:

At 7:33 AM, November 13, 2005, Blogger Becky L said...

now, i know you couldnt do this at that point...

but, get out a cell phone! either call someone or just pretend to be talking to someone. you're less likely to be "attacked" if someone thinks that people will know you're in trouble.

[btw: hahaha, your intro story brings back memories. i, too, did not like that guy too much]

 
At 8:01 PM, November 13, 2005, Blogger Lindsey said...

You know I'm a complete chicken. I don't even have to answer this question...it's a given.

 
At 2:26 AM, November 14, 2005, Blogger Parth Anand said...

When I get a strong hunch, that someone/something maybe there I do tend to stop and peer in..maybe shout out "Is anyone there" and then move on...but at times I have been scared and kept on walking..

 
At 7:08 AM, November 14, 2005, Blogger bravefish said...

I'm a guy and I would get the hell out of there as quick as possible (but don't run)...

In all honesty the best approach is never to be in that situation...

Always try and take some company... I'm sure most people would be happy to do the gentlemannly thing and accompany a woman (not that I'm saying that women need this... but best to be on the safe side).

 
At 12:15 PM, November 14, 2005, Blogger Becky L said...

ABBY-- we want to hear from you!

[btw: are you refering to the situation w/ mark? -- hehe, now everyone will have their curiosity peeked.]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home