Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Move On Over, Regis!

So, who wants to be a millionaire? ME!

I don't know about you, but when McDonald's has its Monopoly contest, I go a little crazy. Basically, for the past three weeks, I've been eating there twice a day- breakfast and dinner. I'm addicted to the desire to win a huge fortune! So, I've probably gained 5 pounds so far. I can't wait till this stupid contest is over!

But I digress. Let's leave the topic of my weight and get back to the question!

If you WERE to win a million dollars, how would you spend it? Now, be honest! Everyone says something noble, like give it to the Red Cross or some other do-good organization. But, in reality, would you really? I want painfully true answers.

8 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, November 02, 2005, Blogger EssentialStephen said...

I'd renovate new loft, buy new appliances, trade in my car for a new model, travel. I'd plan on spending half then donating about 20% and then giving the rest to friends/family. It's kind of a balance between giving and spending on myself.

 
At 12:48 PM, November 02, 2005, Blogger lookingbusy said...

I dont want to work anymore. If you invest 1,000,000 dollars at about 7-8%, you would be able to make 70000-80000 dollars per year on interest, more than enough for me to live. :)

 
At 12:55 PM, November 02, 2005, Blogger Becky L said...

-buy a much better house.
-decorate it with very trendy things
-go on an awesome vacation
-put tons aside for erica's college
-MAKE A WILL!! haha
-give some to organizations near and dear to my heart
-new cars
-shoes (ha-- andrew would never let me do that, even if we did have $1 mill)

 
At 1:24 PM, November 02, 2005, Blogger Raj said...

First buy a big house, big car, get all the latest gadgets.
Then hire a wealth mgmt. firm.
Spend some money on my family.
Go on a world tour.
Come back and decide what to do next.

 
At 2:42 PM, November 03, 2005, Blogger Dairn said...

Imagine how much of that 50% off Halloween candy a person could buy!

Oh, and Kraft Dinner, lots of it...

 
At 3:56 PM, November 03, 2005, Blogger Abigail S. said...

Dairn... you always make me laugh SO much! Your youth group kids must LOVE you! (I am remembering correctly that you are youth pastor, right?)

Lookingbusy... That is a very good idea... I doubt I'd invest ALL 1 mill. I'd probably spend 100,000 first, and then invest... Think of all the shoes that would buy!

Essential Stephen... Sounds sort of like what I would do... But I'd give more away, mostly to family members.

 
At 12:31 PM, November 04, 2005, Blogger Dairn said...

Yeah, anything to make people laugh (usually means I put my foot in my mouth once or twice a day, though!).

Keep the great questions coming Abby & Beck!

 
At 6:57 PM, November 05, 2005, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

I would pay off my bills and invest back in my business to make more money.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home