Thursday, October 27, 2005

Dont get caught with a bear-butt

So, envision this. You are in the middle of the woods with your significant other, in a most "compromising" situation. To your horror, you hear a not-so-distant sound of crunching leaves and realize that someone is coming closer and closer to you. You look around and give a sigh of relief, followed by a sudden surge of terror...

BEAR! BEAR! BEAR! Think quick: what do you do?

a. Do a little dance for him; maybe it'll make him happy
b. Leave your significant other to deal with the bear, and make a great escape by yourself
c. Faint-- at least if you're passed out, you wont feel him mauling you
d. Go at him with sticks and stones-- maybe they WILL break his bones, before he breaks yours
e. Something else that quick runs through your mind

6 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, October 26, 2005, Blogger Mr Jordy said...

E. Play dead. If you run it'll excite the bear and cause his preditor instincts to kick in, and he would chase you as pray. I'd never leave my significant other, nor would I faint. Attacking the bear would be a sign of aggression and the it would respond by attacking back, which is the way bares communicate dominance. The best thing one could do would be to throw boiling water at it's face, I've heard this is extreamly painful for the bear and causes them to run away.

*NOTE* don't take my word for fact!!! Bares are dangerious wild creatures who are unpredictable and fuzzy wuzzy cute prettiful snuggies!!!! ^_^ (the last part is my opinion)

 
At 3:16 PM, October 27, 2005, Blogger Paul McElligott said...

As the joke goes, you don't have to be faster than the bear... you just have to faster than the guy next to you.

 
At 12:24 AM, October 28, 2005, Blogger Becky L said...

i'll throw sticks and stones at him...

yeah right!

 
At 7:49 AM, October 28, 2005, Blogger Abigail S. said...

Well, first, I'd probably crap my pants. Or wet myself. How freakin scary is that!

Then I'd run for it. Find a nice place to hide. My special someone could run with me.

 
At 1:59 PM, October 28, 2005, Blogger Raj said...

Sorry, you can't escape the tag :-P

 
At 6:01 PM, October 28, 2005, Blogger Abigail S. said...

Thanks Raj! I'm planning on doing it this weekend. I've been too busy this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home