Sunday, October 09, 2005

Dinner and a Movie

So you're on a blind date. You go to dinner... talk about awkward! During dinner, he goes on and on about himself. You can't get a word in egdewise. Plus, he looks kind of creepy! You just want to get away from this horrible date!

But sadly, you are already obligated to also go to a movie. You show up to the theater. All the movies have already started. Well,... all but one. It's an R rated movie full of sex and such things. That's all you need, right? Watching raunchy sex with a creepy guy. Ewww!

So, do you:
  1. Buy tickets for the show that started 20 minutes ago. Tell him "The begining is always unimportant anyways."
  2. Buy tickets to the next movie, which doesn't start for 45 minutes. While you wait, go grab some coffee at the nearby Starbucks. Prolong the date even longer.
  3. Just go see the nasty movie. Close your eyes, and pretend you're in a happy place.
  4. Lie and say, "I've seen that already. It's dumb." Then ask if he could just take you home.
  5. Something original

If you're a guy... then just reverse the scenario.

7 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Becky L said...

I'd go for waiting for the next movie, even if it is 45 minutes later.

cuz, i love starbucks coffee. just drink it, savoring each sip. let the aroma soothe you as you tune him out and think only of that blessed caffeinated beverage.

 
At 6:36 PM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Lindsey said...

Oh no...did this happen to you? Please say no...

I don't do blind dates...this is why.

 
At 9:39 PM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Abigail S. said...

Linny, it was something similar... though not quite as bad as the question scenario.
It was at college... 2 days before the end of the semester, when I'd be going back home for the summer. I knew him from work... So I called in sick to work so I wouldn't have to see him before break!
... I'm horrible!

 
At 9:52 PM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Agnes said...

Interesting. Call in sick from the movie. Getting a terrible migraine gets one out of a movie quite quickly.
Suggest coffee INSTEAD, then call it a night.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. The window really does look cooler in person. :)

 
At 7:29 PM, October 11, 2005, Blogger Crazy Me said...

I'd be honest and tell him that I didn't feel this was going to go anywhere and cut the eveining short. And you should never, NEVER let someone pick you up at home until you know them. There are too many crazies out there.

 
At 11:06 PM, October 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say "Let's just go to this movie." I'd send him to get popcorn, and quick text message my friend "At theater. help!" Then soon after the movie starts, I'd slip out to "use the bathroom" and then run away w/ my friend!

 
At 3:04 PM, October 12, 2005, Blogger Beth Danae said...

I would definately go with number one... or else I would just make up an excuse about having to go help my brothers friend change their fax cartridge (something like that was used in the Wedding Planner movie)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home