Monday, November 07, 2005

Freaky Friday

I have yet again stolen a scenario from a fellow blogger. This name, it's from Parth Anand. Hope you enjoy!


For lunch on Friday, I decided to go to the buffet at Pizza Hut. I filled my plate with a few slices of pizza and some salad at the side and took my seat. In the mean time, the table, diagon alley across which was vacant finally got its occupant. A beautiful looking lady with her 10 year old son. Whenever I looked at her table, I found her staring at me. Now if you notice that someone is looking at you, you tend to check back after a few minutes to see if that is still continuing. Checked her from the corner of my eye and she was still staring. My hair was combed fine, pants zipped up and I had not spilled pizza sauce on my shirt. And this made me feel uneasy and
uncomfortable.

I decided to look straight at her and give her a smile, probably to initiate a conversation to see what was wrong. I got no response from her but now I was cent percent sure, that she didn't have a squint in her eyes and she was indeed looking at me. I scratched my head to think if I knew this woman even remotely or if I had ever seen her somewhere. This was the first time I had ever seen her.

This woman was making me loose my appetite. I wanted it to stop. I decided one last attempt to look straight back at her and make it stop, else I would approach her directly.I looked up at her. She turned her face, checked to see if her son had eaten fine and walked off to pay the bill. As she walked out I was sure she would look back and she did. Good riddance I sighed! I couldn't stop wondering what was up her mind. She had walked in much later than me, had barely eaten and left. There was something amiss somewhere.I had lost my apetite as well and decided to leave. I went up to the cashier to pay the bill and he said"You have already been paid for! The lady with the kid that sat across, paid for you!"

Pretty freaky, huh?

Two part question:

1. What would you have done in this situation?
2. Why do you think she was staring at Parth Anand?

Feel free to answer one or both questions... Or none.... But that would make me sad.

Thanks for letting me steal your story, Parth!

6 Comments:

At 3:10 AM, November 08, 2005, Blogger Raj said...

Like I said on Parth's blog,

May be this was on her "to do" list:

"Stare at a stranger in a restaurant long enough to make hime uncomfortable. Then pay his bill."

 
At 11:55 AM, November 08, 2005, Blogger EssentialStephen said...

While it is very nice that she paid...it is totally creepy!!! I would have felt the same way as you and acted the same. I have NO clue why she would have paid for you not having been there to observe.

 
At 7:02 PM, November 08, 2005, Blogger Abigail S. said...

I figured it out! (I think!)
I was in the car listneing to a song "You remind of a girl that I once knew."
Maybe Parth looks just like her husband, who died a few years back. She stared because he reminded her of a happier time.
Maybe that's it.... or maybe not!

 
At 10:45 PM, November 08, 2005, Blogger Dairn said...

Lock your doors and sleep with your gun, Parth (is he American? You all have guns, right??).

She's nuts.... or was hitting on you. Who says there's no free lunch? Not Parth.

 
At 10:25 AM, November 09, 2005, Blogger Becky L said...

hey! not everyone in USA has a gun.
gee, you canadians have some interesting stereotypes of us...
ah well. :-)

 
At 5:27 PM, November 09, 2005, Blogger Dairn said...

Hmmm, you didn't say that YOU didn't have a gun in the house, Becky! LOL I'm just teasing you guys - we love to make fun of ourselves too, but it's more fun joking around with our bigger sibling to the south. Hehehe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home