Sunday, November 06, 2005

And I thought I was weird!

Over the years, I've come across several "sports" that just caused me to giggle.

In college, I became aware of the arm wrestling sport. I never would have thought there would be actual arm wrestling competitions. A friend of mine was a novice arm wrestler. He made me watch Over the Top. I went to an arm wrestling competion with him. I definitley have interesting stories about that trip. Let's just say it was in a bar, I got locked in the bathroom, and the manager had to break down the door to get me out. Good times.

THen a few months ago, I stumbled upon a website about competitive Rock, Paper, Scissors, Shoot! You can even hire a professional trainer! They teach you to read facial expressions to guess what the other player is going to do next. It's so weird!

Tell me about some weird sports you'd like to see become professional!

8 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, November 06, 2005, Blogger lorena said...

well - just about everything IS a sport. Food eating competitions are the most insane in my book. I just think - why? Why dunk an ungarnished hotdog in water making it easier to consume for the sake of competition..why?

where I live they do a competition every year where you come up with a one-man flying contraption and you test it by running off a dock with it and seeing how long you can fly before you splash into the bay....heehee.

 
At 6:06 PM, November 06, 2005, Blogger Lindsey said...

I read about the Rock Paper Scissor thing on another site as well! That is so freakin' crazy.

 
At 1:38 AM, November 07, 2005, Blogger Parth Anand said...

Rock Paper stone competition..that surely is weird...

It would be crazier if those girlie games.. like those clapping and rhyme games... or hopscotch became official sports...

 
At 6:02 AM, November 07, 2005, Blogger Abigail S. said...

Hopscotch! That would be great!

 
At 12:17 PM, November 07, 2005, Blogger Becky L said...

red rover, red rover, send abby on over!

 
At 12:44 PM, November 07, 2005, Blogger Dairn said...

Accounting.

 
At 6:05 PM, November 07, 2005, Blogger Crazy Me said...

I watched the SPAM Sculpting Competition once. It was so gross!! Who thinks of these things?!

 
At 9:55 AM, November 08, 2005, Blogger Becky L said...

isnt it "rock paper SCISSORS shoot?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home