Monday, February 13, 2006

Freedom!!!

No school today! Awesome! Becky is over at my house visiting... she came over yesterday... So we get to spend the day together!

Over the weekend, we got over a foot of snow... I think it was close to 16 inches. The streets were plowed pretty well... But now we are facing a lot of ice. It is currently 18 degrees outside, with a windchill of 6 degrees! So it's pretty dangerous to be out driving. I'm more relieved about not having to drive than freedom from teaching. (Does that make sense?) Especially since it's an hour drive. Scary!

So anyways, it's 5:30 now. I'm fixin' to go back to bed. (That "fixin' " is for you, Linny! I picked up the saying when I was living in Georgia.) I got up at 4:30 to keep an eye on school cancelations. Of course my school waited until 5:00 to announce it was closed. As of last night 11:00, there had been 312 schools already closed. Ah well. My bed is calling my name.

So I'll leave you with this ?

What kind of hand soap do you prefer to wash your hands with?
  • A bar of soap- you're an old-fashioned kind of guy/gal.
  • Liquid soap, the gel kind- you like the slimy feel of it.
  • Liquid soap, the creamy kind- it makes your hands to smooth!
  • The kind of soap that when you pump it, it comes out already foamed- laziness becomes you.
Me... I prefer the creamy kind of soap. That pre-foamed stuff kinda freaks me out. How does it work, anyway?

Bonus: Who came up with the concept of soap, anyways?

PS... Becky and I just got back from the mall... and guess what we bought? HAND SOAP!

10 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Akanksha said...

i love the foamy kind.. i use foamy face wash also.. he he :D
i am a total sloth!!

 
At 8:16 AM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Raj said...

Any type of liquid soap would do

 
At 11:40 AM, February 13, 2006, Blogger B* said...

Bar Soap. I dont know why.

I keep liquid soap right next it for anyone else....but I like my soap to be fuss free!

 
At 12:18 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Abigail S. said...

Wow! In the short time this post has been up, I got 5 comments! I was expecting to see oh, maybe 1... 2 at the most. I was just coming back to add some pics to accompany the post. What a pleasant surprise.

Well, we sure have a wide array of responses... To each his own... or her own.

Thanks for the quick replies!

 
At 8:10 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Read This said...

Pumping the soap...it must be a guy thing...

 
At 9:26 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Lindsey said...

I so wish we had gotten some snow here. No such luck. It dusted the grass but was melted super quick.

 
At 1:37 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger 'liya said...

I liked reading that soap article thing you linked to it was so informative.

Now I want to wash my hands my pink angel shaped soap :D

 
At 12:52 PM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Tom said...

I like the soap that squirts out, ya, soft soap. But I gotta have Coast for the shower. I hate palmolive dish soap though. My dad uses it as hand soap and you can never get it off. arg

 
At 1:21 PM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Becky L said...

i use liquid-- currently the creamy kind.

but really, as long as its antibacterial, i'm happy. kill those nasty germs!!!

ps: yes, abby and i went to the mall and bought soap stuff. actually, i got those antibacterial hand sanitizers that you use w/o water. i realized when erica was sick that sometimes i change her diaper and dont have time to wash my hands right away-- so i keep these new things by the changing pad so that i can quick rub it on.

 
At 1:32 PM, February 14, 2006, Blogger B* said...

Will u break from ur poop fest...to put a V-Day related question up?



;D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home