Monday, March 20, 2006

I Can Hear!

Well, hello blogger friends.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but I've been gone for 3 or 4 weeks. Becky's the one who's been running things. I've been a bit depressed. Dunno why, just have been. But I'm back now. Let's hope it sticks!

So, I can hear! Woot! For the past 3 weeks, I haven't been able to hear out of my left ear. Or more like, it was really muffled. Put your hand over your ear- you can hear, but not really. That's how it was like.

So I just got back from the Dr's office. Here it was major ear wax blockage. He flushed out both my ears... and I can hear! This is going to take some getting used to. Three cheers for hearing!

So the question:

If you had to lose one of your 5 senses, which would you give up? For those who didn't make it through Kindergarten, the 5 senses are:


  1. Sight
  2. Hearing
  3. Touch
  4. Taste
  5. Smell
Or conversely, which would you hate losing? For those who already lost a sense, would you trade it for another?

(I know it's not Easter time yet... But other than that, I thought the cartoon fits!)

8 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, March 21, 2006, Blogger B* said...

Already Anosmic! so can't smell the farts or the good stuff!! But I guess it's the best one to lose since it's not exaclty life altering.
I think the next best one to lose would be taste....since I'm nearly there as well!!


Sight would be the worst outta all of em. I'd go nutso without it!

 
At 6:24 AM, March 21, 2006, Blogger Akanksha said...

i dnt want to lose any of my senses
but gun to my head if had to say then it would be smell
worst would b to lose sight

 
At 5:11 PM, March 21, 2006, Blogger Gigi said...

Taste comes to mind.....for alot of GGG's reasoning save the hot delivery guy...

 
At 7:08 PM, March 21, 2006, Blogger Beth Danae said...

I'd give up smell, maybe that'd help me eat less. If I had to choose between sight or hearing I'd give up hearing.

Sorry 'bout the ear problems and all, hope you feel better soon.

 
At 8:12 PM, March 21, 2006, Blogger 'liya said...

welcome back :)

I'd take out smell .. seems like most people would! All the others are too important

 
At 6:50 AM, March 22, 2006, Blogger Raj said...

So easy.

sense of smell is the least important so I could let it go.

Others, not a chance in hell!

 
At 10:20 AM, March 22, 2006, Blogger Becky L said...

abby-- i'm so glad your ears are ok! when you were visiting over the weekend, i forgot to give you those eardrops. maybe next time--

anyway, i would probably go with smell. around where i live, there's so many nasty farm smells.

--reminds me of a post we had quite awhile back called "smells like teen spirit

 
At 2:27 PM, March 27, 2006, Blogger Robby said...

I would say taste would be the one sense I would prefer to lose. I might not be able to savor the good stuff but then again my problem with eating vegetables would be eliminated as well.

Just too many memories that would lay dormant with out your sense of smell.

I would think hearing would be the worst sense to lose because hearing is the only sense that is always working whether your asleep or awake. It is the one thing that alerts you to danger whether your sleeping or awake. Sight might be important but really I believe it is less important then hearing. You would lose the appreciate for music, hearing your children laugh, hear you family and friends tell you they love you, and things like that. Sure there is sign language but that wouldn't have as powerful of an emotional response I think. Just my thoughts though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home