Thursday, April 13, 2006

Blogger, You Suck!

What's going on! Arg!

I just spent 20 minutes composing a good post. I hit the "Publish Post" button. And somehow, it got deleted!

So now I need to retype it. Well, I'm not gonna make it fancy with links or pics. Sorry about that.

So the post was supposed to be titled: Yes, No, Maybe So.

Som the other day, Becky and I were watching the Today Show. They were interviewing some doctors. Because of medical advancements, people have been living longer. We now have several people living past the age of 100. Well, apparently, people will soon be living to 150+.

No thank you! There's no way I'd want to live that long! To me, 80 sounds like a good age to end on. Enough time to live life, but not enough to fall into major bouts of dymentia, loneliness, depression, weakness. There's no way I'd want to spend 60 years in a nursing home, never getting any visitors, dying slowly. No way!

How about you? Would you want to live to 150?

Sorry for such a depressing post! I just found the concept of living to 150 to be very interesting and worthy of discussion.

4 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, April 13, 2006, Blogger Becky L said...

i was just about to type a question up on this very same topic. though i would have labeled it: "how old is TOO old?"

its so hard to guess. because i'm not there yet. when i was a kid, i thought forty was old. Of course now i realize that its not-- b/c people still have lots left in life.

but at what age is "too old?"... i dunno. i think you hit the key point is saying not wanting to experience major physical/emotional/mental problems.

 
At 1:23 PM, April 13, 2006, Blogger Gigi said...

heck no......just heck no

 
At 6:27 PM, April 13, 2006, Blogger 'liya said...

80 is good. Unless I'm in perfect health and have wonderful kids who want me around still - then maybe 100 :D

I'd also want my husband to die after me.. I wouldn't want to be around without him .. is that selfish?

 
At 9:15 AM, April 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure, I'd live to be 150. See, I don't plan on retiring and I plan on keeping my mind and body sharp so I don't turn into a pile of goo. And since time flies, I don't think I'd ever feel "too old."
I think this is great. Maybe people will start respecting older people like in Asian cultures instead of disrespecting them and trying to get rid of them. People will be beautiful at older ages and it will be a "mature beauty."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home