Saturday, April 22, 2006

It's Been A While...

Sorry it's been a while since I last posted. I've been super-crazy-busy.... With some super-crazy-lazy mixed in.

At this current time, I cannot think of any questions. So maybe I'll just talk and a question will pop in my head.

I'm probably happier now than I've been in a long time. For so long, I haven't really had any contact with people my age. Everyone is either older than me and married, or younger than me and in college. Now, there's nothing wrong with being married or in college. It's just that I have very little in common with those people. It's that way at my church. There's a young adults group that gets together every once in a while. But they're all younger than me. As a person out of college who's working for a living, I feel like I don't fit in. It's just kind of depressing. I've been staying at work until 6ish every day, and I've been going in on weekends. I guess keeping busy kind of took my mind off being lonely.

Well, a few weeks ago, I met someone who introduced me to someone my age. She's been going to a young adults' gathering at a church in the area. So I started going with her. But it's only the first and third Saturday of each month.

It is so much fun! There's maybe 40/50 people there who are all like me! Looking for a place to belong. Well, at that Saturday night place, someone told us about a Friday night one at another church, which meets every week. So she and I went there last night! It was so much fun! I'm a very shy person, but I was really able to connect with people. I guess they're just as eager as me to find people to connect with.

So, no question. I just wanted to vent my excitement!

4 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Beth Danae said...

Good to hear Abby. If we lived close together I'd wanna hang out with ya. I gotta make new friends as well, think finding a church in Hong Kong will help. So far all the local girls have already established friends and it's kind clique-y here and I only speak English, etc...

 
At 8:05 AM, April 23, 2006, Blogger Becky L said...

i guess abby doesnt like being around me...

i'm married AND i dont work for a living...

SHE HATES ME!

 
At 7:18 PM, April 23, 2006, Blogger Crazy Me said...

Good for you. I hope you make lots of new friends.

 
At 3:02 AM, April 24, 2006, Blogger Akanksha said...

yipeeee for u..
smtimes i also feel like i am in that in between stage.. and now that i am goin to do my mba i hope i would find people around my age there otherwise its goin to b such bore..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home