Sunday, January 01, 2006

The Woes of Fast Food Drive-Thru's

So, you're starving. For days you've had a huge craving for a McGriddle. Yummmmmm! You're running late for work, but you decide to splurge and waste 5 minutes by doing the drive-thru thing. You order you McGriddle meal with a Coke (no coffee- you don't have the time to stir in the sugar and creamer). You pull out of the place. As you drive, you pull out the hash brown. It's pretty good. Then... the McGriddle!

Now, it's really early as you drive to work. It's still dark outside, so you can't really see things. You reach into the bag, pull out the sandwich, try to unwrap it while keeping your eyes on the road. You take a bite with expectations of warm pancake with imbedded syrup and egg and sausage!

What the heck! You taste no sausage. You taste no syruppy pancake... It's a bagel with egg and bacon. You didn't order this! You didn't want this! You don't even like bagels.

What do you do?

A) Drive back and cuss them out. Who cares if you're late for work- you want your McGriddle.
B) Eat it anyway. Food is food when you're starving this badly.
C) Throw away the bagel, but eat the egg and bacon. You're not defiling yourself with nasty bagel.
D) Throw the whole thing away, but stop at the next McDonald's you pass and get a McGriddle there.
E) Get out your cell phone, call the operator, get the number for that particular McD's, and call them to cuss them out.
F) Some other original idea.

9 Comments:

At 3:39 AM, January 02, 2006, Blogger Raj said...

Hmm...I really don't know what I'll do. I'm a very spontaneous person :D

 
At 9:03 AM, January 02, 2006, Blogger Tom said...

That is a great post!!! I have done the same thing!!! I always wonder if I would eat a bug or something and not know it because it is dark and you are watching the road and not the food!

I would just eat the bacon, and be pissed the rest of the day!

T

 
At 11:59 AM, January 02, 2006, Blogger Abigail S. said...

Gee, thanks Tickneen! I aim to please!

 
At 2:11 PM, January 02, 2006, Blogger Read This said...

I would eat the food that was presented to me. However, the next time I went to said McDonalds I would pay in pennies, maybe refuse to pull forward to the second window...telling them I want it all right there, try using a credit card for a glass of water and ketchup, act like I don't speak english, or even drive through in reverse. Whatever you do, it's going to be a meaningless gesture that means nothing to the people you are doing it to...ahhh..the story of my life...haha.

 
At 1:44 AM, January 03, 2006, Blogger B* said...

Food is food when the belly is a-grumblin' and your late.

But I really like "casually me's" idea ...and I'd pay in pennies or ask simply for some water next time I went.

 
At 11:08 AM, January 03, 2006, Blogger Becky L said...

this is a hard one. Cuz if you REALLY ARE RUNNING LATE, you dont really have the time to go back.

If i had a few minutes to spare, i would go back. And be mean. Not cuss-- because you dont want to be THAT mean to someone who may not have made the mistake. But be mean enough that hopefully they give you something for free!!

 
At 2:53 PM, January 03, 2006, Blogger Beth Danae said...

I agree, if you're late there really isn't much you can do.. To avoid this I've made it my policy to check the bag before driving away cuz most often for $5 I won't go back to sort it all out. If it were over a larger purchase (like Pizza or something) I would call or many times I've just gone to the companies website and left feedback...

 
At 5:39 PM, January 07, 2006, Blogger Dairn said...

I might write them a letter.

;-)

 
At 1:33 PM, January 08, 2006, Blogger Abigail S. said...

Dairn- you should!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home