Saturday, December 24, 2005

We Wish ME a Merry Christmas

So, the holidays are packed full of buying stuff for other people. And we love doing it (most of the time, anyways).

But, in all honesty, the best gifts we buy are the ones we buy for ourselves. You know it's true! You go out shopping for family, friends, not-so-favorite co-workers. You see something you like, and you say, "What the hay!" (hehe! I rhymed!) And so you buy it for yourselves.

And I'm not talking just Christmas, cuz I know not all of you celebrate that holiday. Maybe you're out buying a birthday present for someone, and the same situation occurs.

We all do it! ... At least, I do it, and so I assume everyone does. Tell me if I'm wrong!

So the question. What present did you buy for yourself this holiday season? (Or in another setting.)

I got a Christmas bonus Thursday. $75 made me pretty happy. So I got myself a NICE present! I've needed a haircut for a while. So I went in Friday for that reason. Now, I don't go to your little mall haircut place. No, I break out the big bucks when I get my hair cut. I go to a full service salon to get my hair done. We're talking $35 for a haircut. Well, I also decided to get highlights done. And, to shell out even more cash, I had THE JOSEPH do my hair. The place is called "Joseph's Salon." I usually have someone else do my hair... it isn't as expensive that way. But, like I said, it was a special present to myself. Well, there went the bonus... It was worth it, though. Dang, I'm sexy!

So, to recap: Wish yourself a Merry Christmas, go broke on yourself, and share all!

11 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, December 24, 2005, Blogger Read This said...

I haven't decided what I am going to buy myself for Christmas. I thought about a few hookers, but it's been done and I like originality in my life. I considered a kilo of Crack, but I have no plumbing needs right now. I guess I'm just going to go with the old standby, nothing and like it. Have a nice holiday.

 
At 11:51 AM, December 24, 2005, Blogger Becky L said...

hehehe, hahaha, lol...

i went out shopping with mom... yeah, spent lots of moolah. On myself. Well, i did buy erica shoes. But i bought shoes for myself too. i figured: "I'm in the shoe store, i might as well just look..." Yup.

 
At 3:20 PM, December 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always buy something for myself no matter what the occasion.. even when there's no occassion :S

My sister got her hair cut yesterday from the reuglar place at the mall and it cost $40 - my mom had a fit. They charged an extra $20 just to blow dry!

 
At 2:34 AM, December 26, 2005, Blogger Akanksha said...

i splurge on my mom my brother and myself..
i got my brother really nice shoes when i went home and clothes fr my mom
fr christmas i got a nice lil sweatshirt fr myself and a cute lil present fr my friend
so i am basically a spendthrift and a shopoholic rolled into 1
i hav to hav to buy stuff.. it makes me feel good abt myself!

 
At 3:22 AM, December 26, 2005, Blogger Raj said...

I didnt get myself anything. Should I have??

 
At 9:22 AM, December 26, 2005, Blogger Abigail S. said...

Raj- you should go out right now and buy yourself some nice stuff!

Aaliya- I can't believe your sis spent $20 for a blow dry! That's excessive! Wow!

Casually Me- Words cannot express...

Michaela and Akanksha-m good to hear you splurged on yourselves!

 
At 2:16 PM, December 27, 2005, Blogger Tom said...

We spend all our money on the kids and don't spend anything on ourselves. I have gotta change that deal! I soooo love going to get a real haircut versus those fast cut shops. I love the pampering, the massaging of the scalp when they shampoo, the triming around the ears, the removal of fuzz on the neck, the gentle touch of their fingers: I drift into bliss. Of course, it has to be a female, I cannot have a man cut my hair, it feels utterly wrong.

 
At 3:45 PM, December 27, 2005, Blogger Becky L said...

LMAO-- tickneen, thats funny. yes, i can see why you would want a female washing your hair.

 
At 12:12 AM, December 28, 2005, Blogger Dairn said...

I bought a few new t-shirts (with old NHL team logos - Winnipeg Jets, Quebec Nordiques and Hartford Whalers).

Trés cool.

Reading Akanksha's comments, I'm thinking that she should maybe buy a couple vowels this holiday season.... :-)

Season's Greetings everyone - have a great New Year!

 
At 12:37 PM, December 29, 2005, Blogger Beth Danae said...

I bought myself earrings, and a new camera. I am terrible with this one, is it wrong to feel that it isn't likely the people who are buying for you are going to pick good stuff? I appreciate their gifts but most of the time it seems I have to buy myself stuff to get what i really want.

 
At 1:57 AM, January 03, 2006, Blogger B* said...

Got the new Civic! How psyched was I!!

'"gregorison's head"...i even wrapped them up and put my dog's name on the from tag.'
Awwwwwwww....that's too cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home