Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Snow, snow, snow!

Since I'm from eastern PA, I LOVE the Eagles! In last night's football game, they got SMASHED! They lost 42-0. How horrific is that?!

Anyway... Moving on...

So yesterday, the weather man was forcasting 5-8 inches of snow for overnight. I was so excited! No school!... Well, I wake up, and there's a slight dusting! Not enough to even shovel! How crappy is that?So we have school today... there's not even a delay!

So, the question... back in the days of school, what did you do on snow days? If you live in an area where it doesn't snow... What did you do when school was unexpectedly cancelled?

Me... I'd sleep in! Gotta love the extra sleep time!

I know... this is a lame question. Sorry to disappoint. But it's getting late and I need to hurry and get ready for school.

Becky- if you have time, post a GOOD question for us!

8 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Raj said...

It doesnt snow in Lucknow but it does rain hard. Unfortunately, my school never even closed on rainy days. Once the mayor raided my school cos he had ordered all the schools to remain shut due to a cold wave but they didnt even follow his orders :(

They did have to send us back home the day Mother Teresa died tho. I went to watch a movie with my mom, dad and sister. It was fun.

 
At 8:41 AM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Tom said...

Ah snow days!! The band Trip Shakespeare has a great song about that! It's called Snow Days, here is an except. "Mrs. Braintree, you're a chilly northern woman
Go home from yonder bus stop
Because there's a blessing on the ground"

Anyway, we used to go snowmobiling on the streets, cops couldn't chase us because they were stuck in the snow!!!

 
At 9:54 AM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Becky L said...

yeah, they said we were supposed to get 2-4 inches, and we got NOTHING! not a flake.

i'll try to come up with a question... but i make no promises...

abby, do you remember when we had AN ENTIRE WEEK off of school b/c of a blizzard? yeah, at first it was fun... by the end, i was DYING to go back to school. its boring when you're stuck in your house for that long. (the roads were so bad, we couldnt even go anywhere.)

 
At 10:38 AM, December 06, 2005, Blogger 'liya said...

When I was younger snow days were the best cause we'd play all day outside and my dad would take us sledding.

Now snow days suck cause I watch tv or sleep all day and then end up with more work afterwards. PLus now my parents make me shovel.

 
At 2:35 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger B* said...

When I was going to school, everytime I'd have a project due that I wasn't ready for...
I'd pray long and hard for snow the next day and for school to be cancelled.
I had one brilliant year when it worked 8 outta 10 times! I was on a roll!!! ;)

 
At 4:24 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger EssentialStephen said...

No question...SLEEP...no such thing as too much sleep.

 
At 7:09 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Crazy Me said...

Grew up in South Dakota so snow days involved building forts and sledding. Don't really get snow in Texas much, sad.

 
At 9:21 AM, December 07, 2005, Blogger Sarah said...

I went to school in San Diego, CA. Where there is absolutely no weather reasons to close school. I did have a teacher who showed up late when there was good surf.

Of course there were a few days where the weather was so nice that I closed school personally and went to the beach.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home