Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Excuse Me!

Tis the season... for the flu! Which means flu vaccinations! Oh, joy...

Since I'm a teacher, I decided it would be wise to get a flu vaccine. So I made my appointment for Tuesday evening, after work. I've heard that some people get sick from the vaccine. Since I've never had one, I decided it would be wise to prep my class in case I did get sick. So I prepped the room Monday- made sure all my lesson plans and supplies were laid out. I knew it was early- if I did get sick from it, it wouldn't be until Wednesday. But I figured- what the hay! I'll do it early. Well, this morning (Tuesday, that is), I woke up deathly ill! ... Ok, not deathly, but pretty crappy none the less.

So I called in sick. At least my room was ready! I then figured the best way to not "get sick" (I'll refrain from using more descriptive words) was to sleep. Makes sense, right? Well, I finally woke up at 2:30 in the afternoon! My first thought was "Holy crap!"

So I got up, visited some blogs, talked to my sis on the phone... poor little Erica is sick. (Check out her site... I'm sure she'll post more details there soon.) I was checking out links from fellow bloggers. Came across this... Check it out! I had a good half hour of fun there. And I did some additions to the site. Added my profile and Becky's to the sidebar. I also added a thingy that tells me how many people are currently checking out my site. It took a while for me to figure out how to do it all. Gotta love html (note the sarcasm).

The crappy part of being sick and sleeping in is... I'M WIDE AWAKE! I just can't fall asleep. I laid in bed for an hour before giving up. So I took care of some banking, paying some bills. How fun! Now I'm here, complaining about crap.

Oh, yeah. About the flu shot... I called in and the nurse told me not to get it since I was already sick! So I had to reschedule for next week! Talk about ironic!

So, I need to ask a question. This blog isn't supposed to be about me... It's supposed to be about "funny, thought-provoking, and sometimes, just plain pointless" questions. I'll try to make it match my ravings.

What's the worst excuse you ever came up with for skipping work, having a project done late for a class, etc? Now, I really WAS sick today. But asking "when were you really ill that you called in sick" seems kind of lame. So we'll go for the worst excuse. Or most unique.

I have a good example of one... But this post is already too long! So I'll spare you!

Please excuse me for having such a long post! (pun intended!)

6 Comments:

At 2:46 AM, November 30, 2005, Blogger Raj said...

I think my wrst was, "I did the assignment but my 1 and a half year old neice drew on it this morning."

Btw, love the pinguin game.

 
At 5:55 AM, November 30, 2005, Blogger Lindsey said...

You poor thing!!! I'm getting sick right now, the whole office is. I feel like I'm going to die.

 
At 12:09 PM, November 30, 2005, Blogger Tom said...

On the last day of my high school senior year, I knew if I missed Mr. Mchale's class he would fail me and in turn not be allowed to graduate, but I skipped it anyway. I came to school later that day on my hands and knees (literally) and begged him not to fail me. It didn't work, he failed me, I took summer school so I could graduate. He must have smelled the pot on me everyday day in class because it was the first class of the day and I would smoke my brains out everyday before school. Gawd I was stupid....

 
At 1:02 PM, November 30, 2005, Blogger 'liya said...

This doesn't have to do with your question but I'm just curious what grade do you teach?

:)

p.s hope you feel better!

 
At 10:02 PM, November 30, 2005, Blogger Abigail S. said...

Liya- I teach Kindergarten.

 
At 1:24 AM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Akanksha said...

the only excuse i made was to my hostel supervisor (who is also a nun) that i was goin for a conference call in office while in reality i went to a concert!
Came back to the hostel early tho..
(i am a hindu so i dnt even hav to confess yipee!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home