Sunday, November 27, 2005

Lazy America

Yes, I am making fun of my fellow Americans. If you are a non-USA'er, feel free to dis us, too.

I am often taken aback by the laziness of the people here in the good ol' U.S. of A. Tonight was probably the worst case of laziness I've ever seen. I was spittin' mad!

If you've read one of my earlier posts, you would have learned that my biggest pet peeve is people who leave their shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot. Well, tonight I was at Walmart, doing some school shopping (I have to buy Christmas decorations for my classroom). After I loaded my car, I went to put my cart in the little cart-carrol (I think that's the name for that caged in spot in the parking lot designated for shopping carts). As I was doing that, I passed by the car that was RIGHT NEXT TO the carrol. They had loaded their bags, and were getting into their car to leave. They had left their cart in the middle of the lot, right behind another car! How LAZY can they be?! All they had to do was take 3 short steps to the carrol with the cart! But no! They just left it there! I was spittin' mad! Grrr!

I wanted to go up to them and rant and rave about their laziness... But I thought that someone that lazy was probably also someone who would be very mean. So I didn't say anything. But I DID walk over, grab that shopping cart, and put it away for them. They saw me do it, but they didn't say anything either.

Question One: What would you have done?

A. Nothing- I'm just as lazy as them!
B. Nothing- I'm not a confrontational person.
C. Politely told them where to shove it.
D. Take that cart and rammed it into their car.
F. Something else.

Question Two: What are some other lazy things you've seen people do?

8 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Raj said...

I don't think they were lazy. They just don't care about others. If inconvenience is caused to othrs, so be it.

And I would choose B.

The lazy things i've seen people doing:

Well, i'm too lazy to think abt it.

 
At 11:40 AM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Becky L said...

i, too, hate when carts are left everywhere.

maybe i'm a bit obsessive-compulsive, but even when carts are in the carrol WRONG, i fix them. they should be pushed together, not just scattered about. so, i fix them (as long as its not raining or REALLY cold).

other lazy things... hmm... my hubby makes me take off his shoes for him... Does that count?

 
At 2:37 PM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Tom said...

B. Nothing- I'm not a confrontational person.


I have done the same thing (leave a cart in the middle of the lot), but it was when I was mad or something or just cranky. I will almost always leave the cart where it is when I have my kids with, I never leave my kids in the car to return a cart.

 
At 3:09 PM, November 28, 2005, Blogger EssentialStephen said...

Unfortunately many Canadians are not much better either. I always put the cart back. As much as I would like to think that I'd say something to someone, I think I'd have done the same as you.

 
At 6:36 PM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Dairn said...

God Bless America!

In Canada we don't have carts. We have to carry everything in the sled behind the dogs until the thaw - then we can drive our Ferraris again.

:-)

 
At 12:14 PM, December 02, 2005, Blogger Beth Danae said...

very lazy.. I would've felt the same way you did, but not confronted them either. They probably would be mean as it indicated they are only self-centered and would not care about your concern.

 
At 1:35 AM, December 03, 2005, Blogger B* said...

What's your take on the "Super Size Me" movie bringing up the fact that people are too lazy to even walk around Walmart and use the moterized carts....lending it's hand to obesity?

 
At 2:04 AM, December 03, 2005, Blogger Abigail S. said...

sdit- LAZINESS! Ya know what... they can blame obesity all on genes... but it's really laziness. My family, overall, is a "large" family. But when we put our minds to it, we all lost LOTS of weight. We had just been lazy before.

Sorry to rant and rave... Good question sdit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home