Saturday, December 03, 2005

Addicted to the "Boob Toob"

I know a few people who refer to the TV as the "boob toob." (or is it tube?)

Its quite disturbing.
(PLEASE, no nasty comments on bossoms)

So anyhow... there are some shows that i'm addicted to.

Reality TV:
I recently mentioned the Apprentice [on my other blog, of course]. I'm so stinking into that! i want randal to win so badly! (and, i do think he's sexy-- i just didnt want to admit it where family may read it)

Comedy:
Also, i think The Office is the FUNNIEST thing ever. OMG!!! LMAO!!! if you havent seen it, you are TOTALLY missing out. ... ok, so some people think its totally dumb. but i'm in love! my husband makes fun of it... but i hear him laughing too! Its about this small workplace in Scranton PA (yeah for pennsylvania!), and there are some normal-type employees, and some not-so-normal people. The boss is extremely odd-- everyone dislikes him, though they do get a laugh out of him now and again. He thinks he's the funniest guy ever, and God's gift to mankind. But he's not. And Dwight- OMG! he's just crazy. He's a total kiss-up and will do anything to make the boss happy. And then there's jim and pam... they're in love but wont admit it. sigh...

Drama-ish
Not sure if this is drama, but not sure what else to call it. "Surface" is great. i'm intrigued by it. There are these animal-dragon-fish things in the ocean. tons of 'em. i'm excited, trying to figure out whats gonna happen with this. Cuz, they are "bad," killing people and such. But, this one teenager kid found an egg and hatched it and raised it as a pet-- and he's a good animal. Even saved the boy's life. So-- are they good? are they bad? hmm...

So, what are you addicted to watching?
[Again, no "bad" comments about questionable material]

7 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, December 03, 2005, Blogger B* said...

ER/scrubs/gilmore girls<-- that last one I know should be called a guilty pleasure but I'm not exactly hanging my head ;)

 
At 3:39 PM, December 03, 2005, Blogger Mr Martin said...

It is addictive! That's why we don't have one. However, to be honest we do watch Netflix movies and surf the net. Why is being self-disciplined so hard?

 
At 9:16 PM, December 03, 2005, Blogger FU said...

FAMILY GUY!!!!!
it's horrible and vulgar and just plain beautiful :)

stewie is a demigod.

 
At 10:18 PM, December 03, 2005, Blogger 'liya said...

1. Friends reruns (same ones over and over no matter how many times I've seen it cause I have no life and I can't bring myself to watch the last episode)

2. America's Next Top Model (and they're going to have a Canadian one soon yay! lol)

3. Wheel of Fortune (cause I'm a nerd -but I can't stand any other gameshow)

4. Judge Judy (cause I'm an even bigger nerd)

5. Fear Factor (because I like to pretend I might one day have the guts to do the things they do) -- but I haven't seen this for really long since my class falls at this time.. next semester though!

I know my selection is odd but I don't like anything else :S

p.s You guys are twins!! Well I didn't expect that, thought maybe cousins! Must be nice :D awww

 
At 10:30 PM, December 03, 2005, Blogger Abigail S. said...

Sorry, Thomas, but I've never seen 24.

Don't make fun, but... I'm addicted to 7th Heaven. I know, I know... none of the "actors" can actually act. It's a lame show on so many different levels. I think the dad is a HORRIBLE father. But I can't stop watching it! I'm pitiful!

 
At 3:10 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Raj said...

Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Arrested Development, Indian Idol, Lost, CSI & CSI:NY. We don't get "Family Guy" here but i douwnload the episodes and watch it cos its great.

 
At 9:31 PM, December 10, 2005, Blogger lorena said...

my mom always refered to the TV as the boob tube. thankfully it didn't
stick on me as I don't believe I ever refer to it that way.

anyway - I don't have HBO but these are my favorites to rent - Curb
your enthusiasm + the office

regular TV - arrested development, reno 911, project runway, law and order: criminal intent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home