Wednesday, January 04, 2006

It's Not OCD! I'm Just .... Particular

So I was at Sam's Club the other day... Oh- If you've never been inside one, here's a quick description: There are piles and piles of stuff in mass quantities. For instance, in one aisle there were boxes and boxes of hand soap, dish washer soap, Clorox wipes, etc. Each of the boxes held maybe 20 huge bottles of soap, wipes, etc. And there were boxes stacked on boxes, stacked on boxes.
Well, as I was walking down this particular aisle, I saw the most hillarious/sad sight I've ever seen. There was this guy walking down the aisle "organizing" everything. Note: he did NOT work for the store. If there were 2 boxes of hand soap, each being partially empty, he would take all of the soap out of the 1st box and put it into the 2nd box, hence making 1 empty box and 1 full box. He did this all the way up and down the aisle, and then moved to the next aisle. I wanted to laugh! But at the same time... I felt bad for him. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder sucks!

Now, I do believe that everyone has OC tendencies. I'm not saying everyone has OCD. Just that everyone displays some forms of OC behavior, even if it is just slight.

So share. In what ways are you OC? Be honest!

Have any of you ever seen the TV show "Monk"? It is hillarious! It's about a private investigator who is over-the-top OC. Take the "Are You Monk-ish" Quiz! Good times had by all!

Tell me about your Monk-ish results and tell me about your OC tendencies.

11 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, January 04, 2006, Blogger Becky L said...

yeah, it says i'm not really OCD. I'm only a little monk-ish. I'm more of a "go with the flow" person.

i am OC about some things: CHAPSTICK! i need need need it. sometimes at night i get out of bed JUST to apply on chapstick.

also hand lotion. i have a bottle: in my purse, in the bathroom, in my bedroom, in the living room, in erica's room... and who knows where else! its the same as with the chapstick: sometimes i just get the URGE to have to put lotion on.

 
At 11:42 PM, January 04, 2006, Blogger Raj said...

The same for me. Go-with-the-flow person. Its so diappointing :(

 
At 5:33 AM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Abigail S. said...

Sometimes I repeat things over and over and over again.
And in public bathrooms, when I dry my hands, I always have to take two paper towels.

 
At 10:44 AM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Becky L said...

abby-- i also must use two paper towels. though i dont think its OC-- just that one never quite does the job!

 
At 6:20 PM, January 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I eat my potato chips in order of size. Smallest first and work my way up to the biggest

 
At 6:22 PM, January 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See Abby read your blog and figured out how to answer all by myself. Love ya.

 
At 7:35 PM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Becky L said...

hi mom!

 
At 5:24 AM, January 06, 2006, Blogger Akanksha said...

when i am coding i hav to atleast half a blank page so i press enter key till there is lot of blank lines..otherwise i cant code.. i think this is pretty OCDish

 
At 5:30 AM, January 06, 2006, Blogger Akanksha said...

i just took that test..acc. to that i am a little Monkish!
but just the right balance of "go with the flow" and "redirect the flow"
:p

 
At 12:56 PM, January 06, 2006, Blogger Tom said...

I am more monkish than not. I am a clean person, but when I am busy, things pile up. I cannot leave dirty dishes in the sink. I do laundry and pick up at 5:30 am before I go to work. I am anal.

 
At 3:00 PM, January 06, 2006, Blogger B* said...

"More monkish than most"!

Was it the clothes in closet arranged by color and type.....

or the

Despise public bathrooms and avoid them till I'm about to explode?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home