Sunday, July 09, 2006

The New Beer

I get a kick out of all these alcoholic beverage commercials out now. They all have a tiny note on the bottom of the screen that says stuff like "drink responsibly" or "only in moderation." Some even venture to say the given words out loud, though quickly and very quietly!

The best one the I've seen is for... Oh crap! I forget one kind of drink it was for... ah well. I can still describe the commercial. It was at a fancy-shmancy party, and there was a guy pigging out on the shrimp coctail. It was actually kinda gross looking... Any the spokesperson comes out and says "The same thing about shrimp coctail is true of all coctails... Always in moderation." Hillarious! I laugh every time!

Well, just now I was watching a movie on TV... And I saw a commercial that made me giggle and gave me a great idea for a post. It was for Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate (beautiful stuff!). And I noticed on the bottom of the screen was written the words: "enjoy in moderation." I about lost it! I thought- "What?! Is chocolate the new beer?!"


So, here's the question- Some people love dark chocolate, others HATE it. Which are you? When you get a bag of assorted mini Hershey candy bars, which do you gobble up first? The Krackle, Mr. Goodbar, Milk Choc, Special Dark Choc? Do you mix it up, eating a few of each? Of eat all the Mr. Goodbar, and then move on to the Krackle. Or do you detest all things chocolate?

Well, whatever your answer, remember:

ENJOY IN MODERATION!

2 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, July 10, 2006, Blogger Gigi said...

Dark Chocolate oh YES!! Now that's not to say a Krackle won't do in a 'crunch'...but Dark Chocolate please.

 
At 4:12 PM, July 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dark, then Krackle. Even better: the new dark Krackle!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home