Sunday, January 08, 2006

Gotta Love The BOGO

Picture this:

You're out for a fun day of shopping. Nothing gives you greater pleasure than to shop and find the best deals out there. You know... Those jeans that are marked down in clearance, and then there's an extra 50% off.... Or those sweaters that are buy one get one free... Or DVDs that are buy 2 get 2 free. You love getting more for your money.

So, you pick up a few things. There are some good deals here. You pay for your stuff, and walk away. As you're heading for your car, you start thinking... That bill was a bit higher than you thought it would be. You take out your receipt and have look. They charged you $25 for that shirt when it was marked down as $20.

Now you're caught in this perdicament. What to do? It's only $5 and you're already in your car. But then again, you're always such a thrifty shopper... You could have stretched that $5 and gotten lots at the next store.

What would you do?

7 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, January 09, 2006, Blogger Raj said...

I would probably go back and ask them for an explanation:)

 
At 5:35 AM, January 09, 2006, Blogger Akanksha said...

i would go back coz right now my bank balance is not in a good shape!

 
At 10:07 AM, January 09, 2006, Blogger Becky L said...

LOL!

see, everyone, this is taken from a real event. Abby and i went shopping saturday. Only, we didnt buy "shirts." And it was $9, not five.

Abby was a bit timid to go back for the money, but i marched us straight back. I said to her: "Its nine dollars, not two! thats a big deal! if they dont give it to me for the MARKED price, i'm just gonna return it!!"

we got our refund.

 
At 11:37 AM, January 09, 2006, Blogger Tom said...

I hate shopping! I would have gotten my money back if I had time. Time is usually the deciding factor in my life. Like grocery shopping, I got home last night to find the fruity pebbles bag had a hole. What a pain in da butt. Yes I am going to go there today and get a new bag, but heck, I should get it for free for the hassle. I hate shopping.

 
At 6:03 PM, January 09, 2006, Blogger 'liya said...

I'd go back too :)

 
At 7:51 PM, January 09, 2006, Blogger Crazy Me said...

If I had the time, I'd be back in the door. I work too hard for my money to be ripped off.

 
At 3:44 AM, January 10, 2006, Blogger B* said...

Get the $5 bucks...or in your case $9 bucks back!

I'll even call by phone if I see on my bill I've been charged an extra $5 bucks...
customer service sucks big time...but I don't like getting gyped! <-(is that how its spelled?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home