Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Be Still My Beating Heart

Ok. So tomorrow is Pajama Day at school. Teachers and students are all supposed to wear PJs. Well, I sleep in sweat pants and a T-shirt. (really sexy, aren't I?) After work, I went to Walmart to buy some cute PJs. I love them! They're like a red/pink/white flannel. I feel like a pepermint.

I go to check out at the "self-check" aisle. I love being able to swipe the bar codes myself! Well, I go to swipe my PJs... and there's no tag on them. So I have to leave and walk to the very back of the store to get a pair that does have a tag. By the time I get to the front again, there's a couple at my self-check lane. Grrr... So I decided to go to another line that has an actual cashier lady. I go on up and set down my purchases and wait til the person ahead of me is done. Well, I glance over at the person.... OH MY GOD! It's only THE hotest guy I've ever known! He makes my heart go pitter-patter. I knew this guy a while back. We did have a few "moments." (Or at least, that's how I took it!) He's hot! I mean, REALLY hot! Totally not my type... But just thinking about him... Mmm! (Ok, maybe that was too much!)

So I said "Oh hi, Matt!" (Probably a little too excitedly. I'm pathetic) He says hi back, then silence. And I'm thinking, "Oh no! He doesn't even remember me!" After a small pause, then he does start talking to me. He paused cuz he was getting his $ out to pay. After he got his change, he stuck around to talk til I was finished checking out. Then we walked out to the parking lot and...... said goodbye.

I so suck! I should have said something. But I was too scared I'd blurt out, "I want to have your babies!" or some such thing. I'm not too good at the whole guy thing. So, what do I do?

  1. Just let it go. He's too hot for lowly me.... Ok, I think I am in some regards attractive. But I'm not all that.
  2. Forget about it. Maybe he really didn't remember me. It's not too hard to pretend you know someone. I don't remember him using my name. Crap!
  3. Wait for him to call me. So what if he doesn't have my number. If he really is interested, he'll call our mutual friend for it.
  4. Call our mutual friend and get his email addy. Play it semi-safe. If he's not interested, he just won't reply.
  5. Get his phone number from the forementioned friend. I mean, come on! It surely was a sign from God! If I hadn't had to go to the back of the store, I never would have seen him.
  6. Go to his house. I know where he lives... I had helped him move in to his place a while back.

9 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, January 11, 2006, Blogger Akanksha said...

i would get the email address and mail him..
u make contact yet if he doesnt reply ur ego is not badly hurt

 
At 9:53 AM, January 11, 2006, Blogger Read This said...

Stalk him. Stalk him until he either gets the police involved with a restraining order, or he caves in out of fear. Sit outside his home, work, where he works out. Go through his garbage, find out what he makes, spends, and saves every month. Talk to all his old girlfriends. It works for me. LOL. Kidding, I agree about the email thing, painless and it leaves him an out if he's not interested.

 
At 10:12 AM, January 11, 2006, Blogger Becky L said...

SISTER, I TOLD YOU LAST NIGHT-- EMAIL HIM! EMAIL HIM! EMAIL HIM!

you gotta get in touch with him! come on! its FATE! i cant believe you actually ran into him again. COME ON COME ON COME ON!

 
At 1:17 PM, January 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for a secodn there i thought you were going to say you saw mike at the store...i mean who else can be that hot!!

 
At 2:16 PM, January 11, 2006, Blogger B* said...

Hahahah....ya stalk him. You'll know he's noticed you when he gets the restraining order! ;)

Email of course....otherwise you'll regret it always.

 
At 3:04 PM, January 11, 2006, Blogger Becky L said...

make sure that when you email him, you dont have that automatic-signature thing on, because it lists this blog, and you wouldnt want him coming here and reading this question!

 
At 5:08 PM, January 11, 2006, Blogger Beth Danae said...

HA ha ha ha. So funny I actually, really laughed out loud and probably made my co-workers wonder what is wrong with me. I love the "blurt out I want to have your babies" bit.

Good point made by Becky, the complications in having a blog.

I like 6, except I'd just find reasons to drive by, pretending you forgot he lived there. Accidentaly get a flat tire outside his house... ask him to help fix it.

 
At 9:50 PM, January 11, 2006, Blogger Crazy Me said...

Show up at his front door wearing nothing but a smile!

 
At 11:58 AM, January 12, 2006, Blogger Tom said...

Guys don't necessarily like to be pursued, they like to do the pursuing. And if you contact him, he might interpet it as a booty call. I would do some poking around to see if he is seeing someone and what he is up to lately. However, if he is a good man and has a good heart, he may just welcome an advancement. I don't think email is the way to do it. Phone call for sure. Email is so impersonal. If you really want to go after him, use the phone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home