Saturday, January 06, 2007

Pretty, Pretty Princess

So, I've realized I have finally gotten to the point in life where I seem to have time on my hands! How great is that! So I'm going to try to start the whole blogger thing again. Hopefully it'll stick!

So, I've decided to spoil myself and go to Barnes and Noble once a week. I get my amazing Starbuck's coffee (most, if not all, Barnes' have a Starbucks in them), grab a book, and sit in a comfy chair and read for 4 or 5 hours. It's great! I've been going normally Wednesdays, as soon as the school day is over. I'll read, then write down what page I've left off at, then go back the following week to finish it. It is SOOOO relaxing!

I heard once that going to Barnes is a great place to pick up guys. Hmmmm... It quite possible may be true. The one night, I sat and was reading my book. There was a very attractive guy sitting in the chair across from me. At one point, he started talking to me. Every half hour or so, we'd talk about our books. Well, some random guy came up to him, and was like, "Dude, do I know you from somewhere?" and hottie replied, "you do look familiar. Not sure where though." THey talked a bit about where they grew up, etc. Then hottie said, in an attempt to get rid of him, said, "I'm sure it'll come to you later," and wierd guy left. Hottie and I talked about how odd that was. We wnet back to reading. Half an hour or so later, wierd guy comes back. He's adimant that he knows him somehow. They talk. Hottie says he's a personal trainer, and weird guy wants to loose weight. So hottie gives the guy his phone number, and guy left. Then hottie started in on how he shouldn't have given guy his number. What if the guy turns into a needy stalker? At this point, I think to myself, well, guess I won't ask for his number. He'll think I'm a needy stalker girl. Who picks up guys at book stores, anyway, right? Ah, well. The dream was fun while it lasted!

Then another time, I went back. I sat near this cute African American guy. He was dressed like he was from the 'hood or something. But the book he was reading was the most shoking thing in the world. He was reading a book from the Princess Diaries series! How strange! So I avoided talking to him... He's probably gay and in denial!

So the question is, where is the best place to pick up a guy or girl? Where is (or was) your "playing field?"

And, is that guy gay? Or is he just in touch with his feminine side? ... The world may never know!

4 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, January 07, 2007, Blogger Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

These eyes they grieve in pity for my heart. I have known the suffering of every tear utterly undone they fall. Will they remember the words I spoke? My gentle heart goes willingly with her, but I must remain here. Weeping, I then will speak of her again, and again, who to her heaven came so suddenly, leaving Love grieving here on earth with me...

To the high heaven she has gone, up to the realm where Angels dwell in peace, she lives with them now. To this world she bade farewell. Tis no degree of cold on her has won, nor of such heat as makes all others cease: it only was her goodness, great appeal. So did her shining humbleness excel, it passed the heavens with such wondrous worth, it moved to marvel the eternal Sire, so that a sweet desire pricked Him to call such worthiness from earth, and made her to himself go from down here: for when He saw this life of suffering had not been made for such a gentle thing...


Her gentle spirit, full of gentle grace, at last departed from her beauteous frame, and chose in glory its most worthy home. He who weeps not, {Mark David Breakiron} when talking of her trace, harbors a heart of wickedness and shame, to which no kindly spirits ever shall come.


No mind, if heart is wicked, may so roam as to imagine in the least her lot: therefore no grief or weeping will transpire. But sadness and desire of tears and sighs and death, and every thought that fails to comfort for a loss of immense, conquer those souls that even once recall the thing she was, now taken from us all...

Ahhhhhhhhh so much anguish nearly halts my breath when the least thought to this comes in my grievous mind brings back the one who split my heart in me; and oftentimes, when thinking of her death the color from my face fades utterly. And when the imagining is sharp in me, from everywhere I'm struck by such dismay that at the ache I feel right then I start to cry, and so distraught it grows. Fore it is then that I am alone in every crowd.

I wander in my tears....

For a face that looks like mine.

Angel Feathers Tickle Me

 
At 11:06 PM, January 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...

All I can say is...

WHAT THE ...?!

Sweetie, that was incredibly random!

 
At 6:59 AM, January 15, 2007, Blogger Becky L said...

you never told me these stories!

 
At 10:56 PM, January 15, 2007, Blogger Abigail S. said...

Sorry... I forgot to!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home