Saturday, January 14, 2006

VH1's Got It Right!

I don't know about you, but I LOVE to watch "I Love The 80's" on VH1. If you've never seen it, they go through the 80's and talk about the good, the bad, and the ugly of that decade. Each segment is maybe an hour and govers one year. They'll talk about movies, TV shows and commercials, music, clothes, fads, products, world events, etc. It's great! Sometimes, I'll be watching it, and they'll mention some fad, and I'll say, "Wow! I forgot about that! That was so horrible!"

So the question: What did you love the most about the 80's? What do you wish they'd bring back?
Or even yet, what are you so glad isn't around anymore? What was horrid about the 80's?

8 Comments:

At 3:18 AM, January 15, 2006, Blogger B* said...

I absolutely adore the commedians on there...they rock!!! they crack me up with their take on all the fads.

I don't miss much from the 80's ..in fact i think most things are very cringe worthy!

shoulder pads and whore make-up is probably the scariest two from them all!

ok maybe the ripped/torn jeans I could live with....but definately NOT the acid washed ones that came up to your neck!!!!

 
At 9:24 AM, January 15, 2006, Blogger Read This said...

I miss the mall hair. That's what we called girls with the large hair via a can of hair spray. Rarely do you see mall hair any longer, and when you do, it's not on the body you want it to be on. (When I go to post, and have to figure out all those letters below I'm so proud when I get it the first time, I feel like a famous jewel thief or something.

 
At 11:09 PM, January 15, 2006, Blogger Becky L said...

yucko-- shoulder pads! ick...

there were stirrup pants-- but that was early nineties too, i think...

 
At 5:19 AM, January 16, 2006, Blogger Akanksha said...

i was a kid in the 80's since i was born in 82 so idnt remember much of the iccky stuff..

 
At 12:27 PM, January 16, 2006, Blogger Tom said...

Moon boots, leg warmers and zubas rock dude!

 
At 1:24 PM, January 16, 2006, Blogger Crazy Me said...

The matching colored socks and fake pearl necklaces. That will always be classic. LOL!

 
At 4:19 PM, January 16, 2006, Blogger Abigail S. said...

No one's mentioned TV yet! It's fun to see how they're bringing back some of the 80's TV cartoons. Gotta love the Thundercats!

And I LOVE 80's movies! They're so cheesy! As a teen, I used to love coming home from school, turning on the "Comedy Central" channel, and watching the 80's movies that were on! I LOVED "Just One of the Guys!"

 
At 1:13 PM, January 17, 2006, Blogger Beth Danae said...

shoulder pads :) And wall-a-bangs, though that carried into the '90's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home