Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Smells like Teen-Spirit

Ah, the joys of Lancaster County, PA! I'm sure that your knowledge of the place consists of things like Amish, horse and buggies, farms, etc. Well, where I live, there are an abundance of these things.

Unfortunately, that sometimes leads to NASTY smells. Yesterday, the farmers decided to fertilize their fields with manure. (I'm not quite sure why-- isnt it the end of planting season? Oh well.) Of course, this meant tons of nasty smells. It's worse than the last time.

What is the worst thing that YOU have ever smelled?

a. Freshly Fertilized Farmland
b. Nasty old chicken coup on a HOT day (smells like rotting meat)
c. A very bad case of B.O.
d. An unclean bathroom (what an understatement!!)
e. Other

5 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger Abigail S. said...

Good question, Becky. It's nice to have your help on this blog now!

Worst smell, huh? ... A few months ago, I was driving from PA to GA (a 13 hour drive). I stopped at a gas station to use the bathroom.... big mistake! I walked in to the lady's room- and there was throw-up all over the entire floor, even the walls! It was so gross! What a nasty smell!

 
At 12:32 AM, September 08, 2005, Blogger Raj said...

Its very difficult to spend your whole life in India without a visit or two to the bathrooms from hell. You can't even begin to imagine what the bathrooms at small eateries on indian highways are like.

 
At 12:40 AM, September 08, 2005, Blogger Becky L said...

sounds quite gloomy, raj.
I would say for me, its mushroom factories. My in-laws live near the Georgio Mushroom plants, and its disgusting. this putrid smell of rotting crap that fertilizes those mushrooms just saturates the air everywhere.

 
At 12:55 AM, September 08, 2005, Blogger Dairn said...

My mom taught me when in doubt, choose 'C'.

 
At 10:06 AM, September 13, 2005, Blogger Becky L said...

hey raj...
my sister and i visited Venuzuala once. we went to the "mall" there and needed to use a restroom.
well, unfortunately they were experiencing a drought at the time.
SO, they would not allow anyone to flush the toilets.
it was a bit smelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home