Saturday, August 06, 2005

I'm feeling a bit melancholy

It's sad to be sad. Why, you ask, am I sad? I'll tell you why.
Tonight at dinner, I had the most fantastic meal. I soon became full, and could not finish my portion of food. I was left to just sit there and stare at this beautiful creation of delectable delights. I became overwhelmingly despondent. And then I had to get up, carry my plate to the trash can, and say "au revoir" as the food plummeted to its untimely death.

And you must be wondering by now, "So where's the question?" Thanks for the reminder! This is, after all, a blog about "funny, thought-provoking, and sometimes, just plain pointless" questions. So, here it goes:

What makes you all sorts of depressed? What kinds of silly little things (like uneaten food) make you sad? You heard my story, now let me hear yours! Post your comment for all to see! I want good answers people! Let's get depressed!

4 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, August 08, 2005, Blogger Becky L said...

sad... hmm... going shopping but having no $$$... being bored... missing a favorite TV show...

 
At 3:41 PM, August 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get so excited when I watch a new episode of my favorite tv show. Afterwards, I get really sad because I have to wait a whole week before I find out what happens next.

 
At 11:35 PM, September 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:07 AM, January 14, 2011, Anonymous Blue Jaye said...

Today I had dinner with some friends of mine. We sat directly across from a young couple. From time to time, I would look up and see them talking, laughing, and really enjoying each other's company.

They reminded of me and my ex from a time long ago. It is sad to be reminded about the good times from your past relationship knowing that it didn't work out in the end.

Sometimes I wish there was a delete button so I can erase those kind of memories but then I wouldn't be who I am. So now I am left feeling a bit melancholy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home