Thursday, September 08, 2005

Irrational Fears

Okay, true story:

I used to work at a children's camp as a counselor. Of the girls' cabins, two were nasty, two were so-so, and two were great. I was SOOOO happy when I was placed in one of the good cabins. Everything was nice-- not worn down at all.

Well, one day I was in the bathroom doing some cleaning. The toilette paper was just about empty, so I decided to change it. Obviously. Well, as I picked up a new individually-wrapped roll, I proceded to take off that paper covering.

ALL OF A SUDDEN, a SPIDER jumped out. It had been living inside the toilette paper tube.

Ever since, I have been very scared to change toillette paper rolls. When I do, I always pick it up and hold it far away from me, checking to make sure nothing is inside.

So, to the question:

What are YOU afraid of?
-- something that is absolutely ridiculous and shouldnt REALLY be a fear.

8 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, September 08, 2005, Blogger Abigail S. said...

I'm afraid of my sister.... OK, not really. You're awesome Becky!
... Sometimes, when it's REALLY late at night, when I go into the bathroom, I'm afraid someone might be hidding in the shower, hidden by the curtain, waiting to jump out and get me.
is that the longest run-on sentence you've ever seen, or what? ... maybe I'm scared of periods (the punctuation kind)
.... Naw!

 
At 9:58 PM, September 08, 2005, Blogger Beth Danae said...

I am totally scared of spiders, but that's common. Umm, I am scared of eye infections. Umm, I am scared of swallowing spiders while I sleep, umm do I have any fears that aren't spider related?

 
At 9:18 AM, September 09, 2005, Blogger Becky L said...

spiders...
thats funny. i just realized that THIS post was about a spider, and my Adventures OF Mommyhood post (Friendship Rekindled ) had a spider in it too.
Sorry, beth, if I brought on trauma by mentioning them in both!!!

 
At 1:12 PM, September 09, 2005, Blogger Dairn said...

My wife kills the spiders in our home - I can't stand them! Other fears include mushrooms hidden in pasta and bad sitcoms (like Who's The Boss, shudder...!).

 
At 10:51 PM, September 09, 2005, Blogger Becky L said...

who's the boss...
true confession-- i cant believe i'm saying this...
i occassionally watched The Tony Danza Show (his current talk show).
please, dont hate me.

 
At 10:55 PM, September 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im freaked out by trash, esp trash cans
their so gross!

 
At 4:32 AM, September 12, 2005, Blogger Dairn said...

LOL, my wife watches (watched?? is it cancelled yet?) the Tony Danza Show. He seems like a really genuinely nice guy - just not quite as funny as a root canal.... :P

 
At 6:36 PM, September 12, 2005, Blogger Abigail S. said...

I think the Tony Danza show was just off for the summer... but will be back soon. Supposedly, it did good in ratings. Imagine that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home